I'm a writer, editor, and communications pro.
Since 2006, I've been knee-deep in all things storytelling. But it's no fun being one-dimensional, so I've done a little bit of everything.
Environmental journalist. Music writer. Public policy research editor. Newspaper editor. Book reviewer. Watchdog reporter. Pop culture interviewer. Sports columnist. Media relations advisor. Marketing and communications consultant.
I've written thousands of pieces. Edited just as many. And helped many happy clients tell their stories, the right way.
It's nice to have you here. Come on in and explore.
Maybe you know me from . . .
- My interviews with: Filmmaker John Waters; comedian Mike Birbiglia; poet Staceyann Chin; makeup mogul Jeffree Star; screenwriter and novelist Jerry Stahl; ecologist James Ludwig; authors Peter Linck, Joanna Howard, Nichole Christian, and Julie Pincus; the Dropkick Murphys; the Riverboat Gamblers; Mustard Plug; Electric Six; Deals Gone Bad; Night Kills the Day; Tub Ring; Hit the Switch
- My awards: The Society of Professional Journalists' Mark of Excellence Award, the Knight Center for Environmental Journalism's Service Award, Capital News Service Connection Award, the Association of Communication Excellence's Bronze Award for digital writing
- Music, arts, and culture publications: The Cult (author Chuck Palahniuk's official website), Punk Planet Magazine, Sound the Sirens Magazine, Punkbands.com, The Marshalltown Chronicle
- Environmental news outlets: Great Lakes Echo, Energy News Network (formerly Midwest Energy News), Urban Milwaukee, Sailing Breezes Magazine
- Newspapers: Gongwer News Service, MIRS, City Pulse, Michigan Citizen, Grand Rapids Business Journal, Nuvo, Lansing Online News, Flint Courier News, Holland Sentinel, Royal Oak Tribune, Herald Review, Petoskey News Review, Soo Evening News, Greenville Daily News, Mining Journal, Cheboygan Daily Tribune, Sturgis Journal, Manistee News Advocate, Macomb Daily, Three Rivers Commercial News, Big Rapids Pioneer, Cadillac News, Ludington Daily News, Alpena News, Blissfield Advance, Bay Mills News, County Press, Crawford County Avalanche, Harbor Light News. (Phew!)
- Trade and specialty publications: Bright Ideas, Smart Energy, Michigan Farmer, Partners Magazine, the American Marketing Association's official blog, Morning Ag Clips
- Radio and podcasts: Current State on NPR-affiliate 90.5 WKAR-FM, Partnerships and Peninsulas podcast, Lansing Online News Radio
- Some of my happy clients: Eckert Wordell, McGraw-Hill Education, SchoolStatus, Episcopal Diocese of Michigan, Biddle City Project